Invisalign is an innovative treatment that uses a series of clear, plastic aligner trays to gradually nudge teeth into alignment. Since Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, they provide beautiful results without letting everyone know you are wearing braces.
Since invisalign revolutionised orthodontic treatment decades ago, there have been many copycat brands that have attempted to do the same thing. It might be tempting to give them a try. It is much safer and you will always achieve better results when you choose to move and straighten your teeth under the supervision of an experienced dentist.
Invisalign can Treat:
- Crooked teeth
- Twisted teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Gaps between teeth
It’s important to remember that straight teeth are more than aesthetically pleasing. A straight smile and aligned bite may also reduce wear on specific teeth that are counted on to do most of the chewing. Tooth wear may lead to cavities and even breakage over time.Straight teeth are also easier to clean and care for because there are no overlapping nooks for bacteria to collect and hide from your toothbrush and dental floss.
Dr Cheng Zhang is our authorised Invisalign provider.
What does the invisalign process involve?
The first thing to do is find out what type of invisalign program is right for you.
1. Make an appointment with Dr Cheng Zhang for your first consultation. She will examine your teeth, work out what it is you'd like to fix and put together a treatment plan. You will leave your initial consultation with an information pack, detailed quote and a clear expectation of how long your treamtment will take and what it will involve.
2. Once you confirm you're ready to get started, we will take a series of photos, take a 3D digital scan of your teeth with our iTero Scanner and order an xray of your jaw if required.
3. We will contact you once your aligners have arrived. You'll have an appointment with us to have your first set of aligners fitted, and we'll give you instructions on how to wear them and how to look after them. You'll be given several aligners to get you started.
4. Review appointments. Every 2-3 months, we will want to check on how you're going with your invisalign aligners. You'll come in for a brief exam to touch base with us and we'll issue you the next lot of aligners in your series. Of course, if you have any concerns or questions prior to your routine review, just phone us and we'll see you whenever you need.
5. Once your teeth are straightened and you're happy with how they look, your active treatment phase is over. Now you'll move to your retention phase. Once your teeth are straightened, they will always want to move back to their original position. It's extremely frustrating, but that's what retainers are for. There are a couple of different retainer options and your dentist will go through these with you and work out what type of retainer is best for you. Your retainers will be included in the cost of your original treatment.
Most treatment ranges from between 15-35 weeks of wearing the clear retainers at least 22 hours of the day. Some cases may not be appropriate for this system but we are happy to assist you in referring to a qualified orthodontist whom we can work with to create your smile.
Contact our team about improving your smile
If you would like to book a consultation, or if you have questions, we are here to chat with you.
Orange Family Dental proudly serves patients in Orange, Bathurst, Dubbo, Cowra and anywhere else patients are seeking dentistry from a friendly and caring team.